Faculty: Introduction to file share network drives
Once you are given your MyWestern Account, you will have access to the following network drives:
- H Drive: individual file space.
- K Drive: the common drive that all faculty members in your department have access to.
- S Drive: class-specific software is stored in this location. All students and faculty have access to this software.
- X Drive: a drive set up to share documents between students and faculty/staff. Students are able to submit electronic documents to their professors. Departments can share documents with their student employees.
Accessing these Drives
- Log onto your workstation with your Windows account. Let the system start up. Do not close out of any windows.
- Double click on My Computer (located on desktop or select it from Start menu).
- A window will appear containing all of your drives.
Did you find this article helpful?