- The first step is to identify the game console’s Mac-Addresses. This could be found in network settings on any game console. At the bottom of this article are steps to find the MAC addresses on a PS4, PS5, and a Xbox One. We suggest you register BOTH mac addresses (wired and wireless) so that you can use your device with or without a network cable.
- The next step requires that you use a device that is already registered on the network such as a laptop or a cellphone to register your console.
- Connect to wireless network “Western-Student” on the device that is already registered or use a network cable that you plug directly into a network drop, open a web browser (preferably Google Chrome) and go to the following web address: mydevices.wcsu.edu
You will see the following screen:
- You will need to log in with your WCSU windows account.
- Click “Add”.
- Enter a device description that you will remember in the field “Device name:”
- Enter the consoles MAC address in the field “Device ID:” then click “Submit”.
- Go to your game console and select the wireless network “Western-Student”.
- Now reboot your console and it should come back connected to the wireless network.
If you have any issues registering your console to the wireless network, please fill out one of the forms below:
For wireless console connections: Wireless Console Connection Form
For wired console connections: Wired Console Connection Form
Playstation 5 MAC Address
- Turn on your Playstation 5
- From the home screen, select the gear icon (settings) in the upper right
3. Select System
4. Select Console Information
5. Note the MAC address (Wi-Fi) displayed at the bottom of the list
Xbox MAC Address
- Navigate to My Games and Apps
- Select Settings.
- Select Network
- Select Advanced Settings
- The MAC Addresses for the wireless adapter should be displayed.
Playstation 4 MAC Address
- Turn on your Playstation 4 without any disk in the drive and wait for the menu to pop up.
- Navigate to the “Settings” icon (located on the far left).
- Select the “System” icon under the Settings menu.
- Select “System Information.”
- You will see your MAC address listed on this screen, containing letters and numbers in the format xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx. Write down your MAC address (Wi_Fi).