- The first step is to identify the game console’s Mac-Addresses. This could be found in network settings on any game console. At the bottom are steps to find the MAC addresses on a PS4 and a Xbox One. We suggest you register BOTH mac addresses (wired and wireless) so that you can use your device with or without a network cable.
- The next step requires that you use a device that is already registered on the network such as a laptop or a cellphone to register your console.
- Connect to wireless network “Western-Student” on the device that is already registered or use a network cable that you plug directly into a network drop, open a web browser (preferably Google Chrome) and go to the following web address: mydevices.wcsu.edu
You will see the following screen:
- You will need to log in with your WCSU windows account.
- Click “Add”.
- Enter a device description that you will remember in the field “Device name:”
- Enter the consoles MAC address in the field “Device ID:” then click “Submit”.
- Go to your game console and select the wireless network “Western-Student” and your device will now be connected to the Western wireless network.
Xbox One MAC address
- Navigate to My Games and Apps
- Select Settings.
- Select Network
- Select Advanced Settings
- The MAC Addresses for the wireless adapter should be displayed.
Playstation 4 MAC address
- Turn on your Playstation 4 without any disk in the drive and wait for the menu to pop up.
- Navigate to the “Settings” icon (located on the far left).
- Select the “System” icon under the Settings menu.
- Select “System Information.”
- You will see your MAC address listed on this screen, containing letters and numbers in the format xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx. Write down your MAC address (Wi_Fi).