To manage printers in public areas, Western utilizes Pharos, a print management solution used in many other Higher Education institutions.
The benefits of using Pharos to both the University and our students are significant:
- Reduced wear and tear on printers
- Reduced printer downtime
- Reduced waiting time at printers
- Lower costs and reduced environmental impact by reducing wasted paper, toner, and other consumables
- The ability to print from anywhere at Western to over 10 locations across both of our campuses, with more locations to be added soon
- Discounted pricing for print jobs that are double-sided, thus using less paper
All registered students are entitled to print to student printers. To get started, you will need:
- to be registered for the current or following academic semester
- a WESTCONNect card (visit https://www.wcsu.edu/westconnect/card-services/ for more info)
- a WCSU User Account (visit https://support.wcsu.edu/?ht_kb=how-do-i-obtain-a-wcsu-user-account for more info)
- adequate funds in your CONNect Cash account (add funds to your account using the GET app: https://www.wcsu.edu/westconnect/connect-cash-deposits/)
Registering Your WESTCONNect Card with Pharos
New students who have been issued a WESTCONNect card need to register their cards with Pharos before printing. You can register your card in any public computer center or in your dorm using a Pharos release station.
Registration is a one-time process unless you receive a replacement card, in which case you will have to register the card with Pharos again. To learn more, click here.
There are over 10 locations across both of our campuses that you can print to. Printing in the Residence Halls requires a personal computer or Mobile Device.
- MTCC (Haas Library)
- WSCC (WS 117)
- STTC (SC 225)
- iLab (CC 125)
- WS 24 Hour Lab (WS 247)
- Grasso Hall Rec Room
- Centennial Hall Meeting Room (Entrance Right side of Main Lobby)
- Pinney Hall Rec Room
- Litchfield Hall 1st Floor Lobby
- Fairfield Hall 1st Floor Lobby
- Newbury Hall Rec Room
- More to come!
Note: Residence Halls and WS 24 Hour Lab have only black and white printers. For 24-hour access to a color printer, visit the MTCC in the Haas Library on the Midtown Campus.
Here are the different printing options and cost per page:
$0.05 for Black & White, Single-Sided
$0.08 for Black & White, Double-Sided
$0.14 for Color, Single-Sided
$0.22 for Color, Double-Sided
Ways to Print
Printing at Western is designed to be flexible and hassle-free. There are three ways to print:
- From a computer located at any of our staffed or 24-Hour Computer Centers (see https://www.wcsu.edu/iti/computers/ for a full list)
- From a personally owned Mac, PC, or Chromebook
- From a variety of phones and mobile devices: iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.
Printing from a personally owned device requires a connection to any one of our Wireless networks.
Where to Get Help
The Computer Center Assistants at any of our staffed computer centers (MTCC, WSCC, STTC, and the iLab) can assist you with issues relating to printing and charging. They can assist you with issues relating to using the Release Stations, clearing paper jams, or other cases of malfunctioning equipment that might be preventing you from printing your job.